Saturday 3 December 2011

Society-[Part 2]

[Verse 1]
I turn around, and look at myself, and laugh through all the tears.
I’m a hypocrite to my own existence; I’m the sum of all my fears.
And the worst is that my battle goes unnoticed, to all my cries are aimed for.
They’re everything I stand against, and they pretend not to be phased at all.
I try so hard to help the girl, crying in the corner.
And to remind her, if she’s lost, there’ll be someone to morn her.
But when will those who believe my smile, realise mine's just as fake;
As all those girls' who’ve ran away? I stick around only for their sake.

[Bridge]
So I song my song, in memory,
For all those ruined by society.

[Chorus]
None of you tried, to reach out for me,
When I needed help.
So all I do is reach out to them,
For I’ve felt what they’ve felt.
None of you tried to comfort me,
When I was alone.
You’ve criticised me and I blundered through,
Though to you, I am disowned.

[Verse 2]
I’ve made peace with myself, by forgiveness, and encouraging 'try again.'
But what you taught me was just one chance, and then the slain lie slain.
I couldn’t keep it up, forever; I had to hit the wall.
But I’ll come back, I’m climbing up, to say you blew it all.
People say how lucky I have been, that I have what I do.
But this song isn’t for my cry, or all that I’ve been through.
It’s for everyone in mental war, with who they are not.
Because no one deserves to feel that way, or to feel like giving up.

[Verse 3]
So smile through the pouring rain, and pull on through the tears.
Because they’ll be someone waiting for you, and you always know I’m near.
The fear will fade, the time will change, it’s better by the end.
Believe this line, I know it’s true - the living proof is here.

No comments:

Post a Comment